I started this blog as a creative outlet…
…and as a way to express myself. In real life, I can appear to be a girl of few words. In contrast, I’m secretly bursting at the seams with ideas, passions, and a general curiosity about how the world works. I’m just not outspoken about it—I’ve always been more of an observer and philosopher. I had been feeling an itch to start writing again for awhile, so I finally cracked down on my little project over the winter holiday of 2015, single-mindedly dedicating myself to creating this entire blog in the space of just five short days.
It took some courage to go through with this endeavour, since my appreciation for good literature means I can also be quite critical of my own writing. So, to share this side of me is to share something I consider a small piece of myself…and as a self-confessed private person, that’s no small feat. After a long debate over what to name the blog—and keeping in mind that a good domain name is hard to come by—I settled on The Keay. I wanted something that would be timeless, distinctive, and simple; able to define the blog without being too limiting.
And, if not, it’s just a name anyways. A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.
- My dream job is travel blogging, writing for GQ, or professional ramen tasting.
- A few of my bucket list items include: attending an NFL game, learning German, visiting North Korea, and running my own business.
- I’m most curious about space.
- Website/Blog Set-Up
- Copywriting and Content Development
- Digital Marketing:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM) — Google AdWords Set-Up & Management
- Email Marketing (Mailchimp)
- Paid Online Advertising (Facebook, Instagram)
- Social Media Management